- 6 slices bread with crust removed
- 1 pound sausage
- 4 cups Colby Jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans green chiles
- 2 tbsp. El Yucateco Green Chile Habanero Sauce
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Picante sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place lightly buttered bread in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage and drain well.
- Sprinkle the sausage as evenly as possible over bread slices – make sure bread is covered. Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage layer and then place green chilies over the cheese.
- Beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl and then add in the half-and-half, El Yucateco Green Chile Habanero Sauce, mustard and salt.
- Once mixed thoroughly pour over the casserole and cover with tin foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes and then serve with Picante sauce.