The Padilla Group Recipes
- 1 package original Jambalaya mix
- 1 lb. sausage, as the instructions suggest (for an alternative, use ham)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. El Yucateco Red Chile Habanero Sauce OR El Yucateco Caribbean Habanero Sauce
- Make the Jambalaya according to the directions on the mix (if you are using ham for sausage, make this substitution now).
- While preheating oven to 350 degrees, mix the half-and-half and eggs in a large bowl until mixed well. Add the green onion, red pepper, cheese, and El Yucateco, and thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- Spread the Jambalaya into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and distribute evenly over the bottom. Pour the egg mixture on top of the Jambalaya.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until the eggs have set. Before serving, let stand for 5 minutes.
Featured In This Recipe...