- 2 1/2 lbs of 85% lean ground round (leaner the better)
- 1 lb apple-smoked bacon
- 2 cups Goldfish “Flavorblast” crackers, cheddar flavor
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 cup finely-shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco Red Chile Habanero Hot Sauce
- 2-3 dashes of Hickory Liquid Soke
- black pepper to taste
- With a meat grinder, grind the bacon followed by the onion, sweet pepper, garlic, jalapenos, and the Goldfish crackers.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- Form into patties, and cook on the grill.
Very tasty and not too hot for lightweights, but enough lasting heat for those who like it spicy. Of course, if you really like things hot, add more El Yucateco hot sauce or swap to habanero peppers. No salt was added in this recipe because the bacon brings enough with it. the bacon flavor is subtle and does not slap you in the face, so if you have some non-bacon-liking weirdo in your group, just don’t tell them it’s bacon and leave them wondering what that awesome flavor is.